Garcinia Cambogia has been one of the most popular names that we often hear when people are talking about different kinds of herbal diet supplements.
This plant originated from Indonesia but you will notice that it has been used by other countries for centuries now most especially in most parts of India.
Garcinia has many different uses. Below are some of them:
- Its branches produce a yellowish substance that can be used as a dye which is also being used as a main ingredient in the creation of varnish being used for furniture.
- Its fruits are being used as an ingredient in cooking.
- Some people are using it in making curry.
- The skin of the fruit is being sun dried and pulverized. Once it is already in its powder form it is then used as an ingredient in fish preservation which is one of the main sources of income in some areas in the Southeast Asian region.
- It is used in old-fashioned medicine in different parts of the Southeast Asian region where it is being given to patients suffering from dysentery or diarrhoea.
- It is also being used as laxative in order to empty a person’s bowel.
- The fruit’s peeling is being used as purgative in order to aid in different types of intestinal parasites including intestinal worms.
- It is being given to patients with gastrointestinal-related problems.
- It is known to cure several types of ulcers.
- The Garcinia Cambogia extract is being used as a main ingredient in different types of herbal weight loss products.
While there have been many known uses of Garcinia Cambogia, there are also some people who have been complaining about bad effects that they got from the said fruit. They said that it caused them having nausea, headache and some known digestive tract discomfort.
The product that contains the Garcinia Cambogia extract is not being recommended to be used by mothers who are lactating and those who are pregnant.
It should also not to be given to children and if the person is taking any kind of medicine, it is a must to consult a health specialist as it may cause some interference with the medicine that is being taken by the person. Those who are suffering from dementia and anything that is related to it are also discouraged to use these products.
Even if this is a natural product, precautions should still be in place to avoid any future issues. While there is no known issue concerning intake of the said products, its user should always put in their minds that it is better to be careful rather than regretting anything in the end.
Any product containing this ingredient should only be taken by a person in a maximum of 12 weeks; prolonged use should not be done. It is also better if you will go to a doctor in order to make sure that this will not cause any danger to your health.